Urban Forum "Cities of the New Generation"
Information and Analytical
material on the panel session
2015 AEF Urban Forum
"Cities of the New Generation"
1) Session Information (posts)
For the first time in human history, more than 50% of the world population lives in cities, and they produce about 80% of world GDP. By 2050, experts from the UN and the OECD forecast that the share of urban population will reach 70-80% of the world. Cities are centers of "knowledge economy", where innovations are created, live the most active and qualified specialists. Labor productivity of the urban population is higher than rural and thus the standard of living and income. However, the important issue is the sustainability of cities. The rapid growth of agglomerations poses a number of challenges for the city administration, architects, ecologists and economists. The problem to improve the quality of life, creating adequate infrastructure, ensuring social and economic sustainability emerges to prominence.
In the nearest period forecasted rapid rise in urban developing countries, particularly in Africa and Asia. These processes also affect Kazakhstan. At the beginning of 2014 in the cities of the country were more than 55% of the population and by 2050 projected growth to 70%. Government as the most promising urban centers defines the cities of Almaty, Astana, Shymkent, Aktobe and other metropolitan area. The New Economic Policy of Kazakhstan "Nurly Zhol" as a priority determines the development of the transport and modernization of housing (HCS) infrastructure.
Participants in the panel session "Cities of the New Generation" will discuss best practices for sustainable urban development models and approaches to urban development and work out the priorities for urban development, including Kazakhstan. Playground Forum provides opportunities for networking, exchange of views, negotiation and initiatives announcements.
comments powered by Disqus
- 19434 Recommendations from Astana Economic Forum 2015
- 615 News for the media conference Economic Survey 2015
- 564 New approaches to educational policy- new educational technologies.
- 527 Future outlook - World economy of the 21st century
- 506 Urban Forum "Cities of the New Generation"
- 480 "Sustainable development and "green economy" in the Republic of Kazakhstan: Condition and Prospects"
- 449 Sustainable development of the Eurasian energy, water and transit potential
- 403 Global Entrepreneurship Monitor: Kazakhstan and the World Practice
- 354 The development strategy of human resource capacity of law enforcement agencies in terms of social and economic transformation of modern society
- 325 «Decarbonization and carbon trading- the drivers of the new economy»