«Decarbonization and carbon trading- the drivers of the new economy»
«DECARBONIZATION AND CARBON TRADING – THE DRIVERS OF THE “NEW” ECONOMY»
Experts predict that 2015 will be a turning point in the fight against climate change and the growth of greenhouse gases emissions.
In accordance with the recommendations of the UNFCCC, there are plans to tight emissions regulation at the international level and to introduce new standards, technological requirements, carbon trading and accounting of emissions during implementation of international projects. Present the top 15 countries producers of carbon (US, Japan, UK, Russia, China, Indonesia, and others) have begun to develop strategies for decarbonization, involving regulation and comprehensive measures to ‘purify’ the carbon from the national economies through sharply reducing emissions, introduction of innovative green technologies, including renewable energy and development of the carbon market.
Decarbonization process involves ensuring of economic growth by reducing energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions through technological innovation, changes in infrastructure and development model.
Priority area of decarbonization is the development of carbon trading. National reports of EU, USA, Japan and other countries show that carbon trading is an effective mechanism for promoting measures to reduce emissions and attraction of “green” investments. That is relevant in the context of global financial instability.
In 2013 the turnover of the European market of emission was about 120 billion Euro. Experts of Bloomberg New Energy Finance predict that in 2016 the global carbon market will be 180 billion Euro.
The Republic of Kazakhstan has significant carbon potential which is necessary to use, in accordance with international standards of carbon finance.
For those who wish to participate and speak at this event, please apply on: or by phone +7 7172 277293, 279580
comments powered by Disqus
- 19440 Recommendations from Astana Economic Forum 2015
- 615 News for the media conference Economic Survey 2015
- 564 New approaches to educational policy- new educational technologies.
- 527 Future outlook - World economy of the 21st century
- 507 Urban Forum "Cities of the New Generation"
- 480 "Sustainable development and "green economy" in the Republic of Kazakhstan: Condition and Prospects"
- 449 Sustainable development of the Eurasian energy, water and transit potential
- 403 Global Entrepreneurship Monitor: Kazakhstan and the World Practice
- 355 The development strategy of human resource capacity of law enforcement agencies in terms of social and economic transformation of modern society
- 325 «Decarbonization and carbon trading- the drivers of the new economy»