Ministry of National Economy of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
JSC “Economic Research Institute”
Current challenges faced by Kazakhstan have arisen due to rapidly changing conditions of manufacturing and trade sectors. Therefore, the issues of reformatting the medium-term development programmes with a view to ensuring the sustainable growth and transition into the category of countries with a high level of economic and social welfare are becoming increasingly relevant in Kazakhstan.
The experts and policy-makers of the session will discuss modern trends and models of economic growth.
An annual dialogue platform of the Astana Economic Forum will enable constructive discussion of mechanisms for stimulating economic growth in new economic realities not only of Kazakhstan, but also of other countries, especially those having a large share of commodity exports.
Aim of the session
Exchange of experience, discussion of problems and elaboration of recommendations in the field of economic growth strategies, as well as synthesis of experience of Kazakhstan and foreign countries in development, implementation and application of mechanisms for stimulating economic growth.
The issues to be discussed at the session of the AEF 2016 that are relevant to all global market players will give further impetus to improve the mechanisms for sustainable economic development.
Key questions to be addressed:
• Best international practices in applying economic development models;
• Kazakhstan in modern world: realities and prospects;
• Elaboration of practical guidelines for implementing economic reforms.
Participants of the session
The session is organized by the Ministry of National Economy of the Republic of Kazakhstan and JSC “Economic Research Institute”. Cooperation is currently being established with the World Bank.
Session will include best practices in development and implementation of economic development strategies from the heads of authorized bodies in the sphere of economic policy, representatives of international and national nongovernmental organizations, and international experts and scholars.
• Synthesis of expert opinions and commentaries on medium-term growth strategy of Kazakhstan.
• Elaboration of recommendations on appropriate means to support implementation of economic reforms with a view to ensuring sustainable medium-term growth of the country.
• Further strengthening of relations between the experts to share experience and knowledge in strategic planning of economic growth.